Our Promise to You
As a client of FLM, you share both personal and financial information with us. We want you to know we value your business and your privacy is important to us. We are committed to safeguarding your confidential information. We hold all personal information provided to our firm in the strictest of confidence. This includes all personal information that we collect from you in connection with any of the services we provide. We have never disclosed any non public information about our clients, except as described in this Privacy Statement or as permitted by law, and do not reserve the right to do so. If we were to anticipate such a change in firm policy, we would be prohibited under the law from doing so without advising you first. We use your financial information to help you meet your personal financial goals while guarding against any real or perceived infringements of your rights of privacy.
Information Provided by Clients
In the normal course of doing business, the categories of nonpublic information we collect from a client depend upon the scope of the client engagement, however it will typically include the following:
- Personal information regarding our clients’ identity: name, address and social security number; as well as information about a client’s health to the extent it is needed for the planning process.
- Information regarding securities transactions effected by us or between the client and third parties; and information from consumer reporting agencies.
- Client financial information: net-worth, assets, income, bank account information and account balances.
How We Manage and Protect Your Personal Information
We limit employee and agent access to information only to those who have a business or professional reason for knowing, and only to nonaffiliated parties as permitted by law. (For example, federal regulations permit us to share a limited amount of information about you with a brokerage firm in order to execute securities transactions on your behalf, or so that our firm can discuss your financial situation with your accountant or lawyer.) We do not sell information about current or former clients to third parties, nor is it our practice to disclose such information to third parties unless requested to do so by a client or client representative or, if necessary, in order to process a transaction, service an account or as permitted by law.
- For unaffiliated third parties that require access to a your personal information, including financial services companies, consultants, auditors, or outside companies that perform administrative services for us, we require strict confidentiality in our agreements with them and require them to keep this information private. Federal and state regulators also may review firm records as permitted under law.
- We do not provide client personally identifiable information to mailing list vendors or solicitors.
- We maintain a secure office and computer environment employing physical, electronic and procedural safeguards to ensure that your non public personal information is not placed at unreasonable risk.
- Personally identifiable information about you will be maintained during the time you are a client, and for the required time thereafter that such records are required to be maintained by federal and state securities laws, and consistent with the CFP Board Code of Ethics and Professional Responsibility. After this required period of record retention, all such information will be destroyed.
FLM may also share your personally identifiable information with the Certified Financial Planner Board of Standards Inc. (CFP Board) as part of complying with the CFP Board’s Code of Ethics and Professional Responsibility. If you prefer that we do not disclose your nonpublic personal information to the CFP Board you can simply opt out of this disclosure by notifying us by phone at 903-455-1041.